Sunday, March 29, 2009

Soccer

This Saturday, I had my 1st soccer game. Both of my practices got rained out, so we never had to do our best in the game. About 10 minutes before we left, I was looking for my shin guards. I could not find them anywhere! Dad had to run to Academy, and we did not have any subs, so I had to play goalie for the 1st half of the game. I have never played goalie in my life, so I had to wing it. I only got 1 goal scored on me, but I scored a goal in the 2nd half, so I made it up. I was freezing cold! My fingers were numb, even inside the goalie gloves. When I dove to get the ball, my knees would get the cold mud on them. But we won the game 2-1, so everything turned out all right.

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Neat Mal!

JKCDJ Families said...

Mal,
I am proud of you for doing your best, and learning how to play goalie!! So sorry you froze:)
I really enjoyed your post about spring break, too, I love those ideas and I might have to do that sometime with AM, A & T!!
I love you,
-Aunt Debbie

JKCDJ Families said...

Great job on your first game! Nice goal! BURRRRR......it was so very cold!!

mom

JKCDJ Families said...

Congrats on the win and your goal! Aunt Julie