Thursday, March 12, 2009

Definition Poem/ Spring Break

Today in Language, I had my creative writing book. I had to write a definition poem. I do not like writing poems!!! I was supposed to compare something to other things. Here is the book's poem. (I am not kidding)

Contentment is warm.

It sounds like a gurgling baby.

It smells like a fire in the hearth.

It tastes like mince pie after Thanksgiving dinner.

Contentment feels like being wrapped by a blanket in and easy chair.


What is that?!! I just had to write a poem to make fun it. Here is my poem.

Chairs are intriguing,

They feel like slime on your fingers,

They taste like over- cooked asparagus,

Always friendly, they never bite,

But instead are quite friendly and conversational,

They smell like apple that is fresh out of the oven,

Oh, how I love bedposts.


They said to use all of your senses. Am I supposed to lick the chair???


This year, we are kinda taking a Spring Break. We are doing some school so that while Mom and Dad are on the cruise, we won't have to do much school.


3 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

Actually, Mallory wrote a great poen the other day about a shepherd and his sheep! Maybe I should post that one to counter her goofy one!

K

JKCDJ Families said...

Your poems made me smile!!!! Love, Aunt Julie

JKCDJ Families said...

I like to lick my chairs and bedposts too!
Jo