Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Last weekend, we went to the Onsteads Ranch for a blessing for Mason and Jonathan. On Sunday morning, we had a church service. All the Link kids (Megan, Justin, Chad, and I) talked about our favorite verse and why it is our favorite. I did mine on Jeremiah 29:11. Mason and Jonathan talked about their verse the night before.

The big house that all the families stayed in was perfect for us. The boys slept in the bunk bed room upstairs, Megan and I got a whole room to ourselves, and all the families got their own rooms. Across from the house, there was a game room with 2 pinball machines, 2 foosball tables, and a pool table. Sam, Jared, Ben F. played a game that I called “roller-ball.” It is just like pool, except instead of hitting the cue ball with a stick, you roll the cue ball. It was pretty fun.
We played a lot of cards during the trip. We played Peanut Butter and Bandit. It was sooooo much fun!

Outside, there was also a playground swings, seesaws, and a super-bouncy trampoline. We fished A LOT!!!! I found a really good spot next to the pier, and one morning, I caught 8 or 9 fish!!! Dad said the other night that he thought he took 50 fish off hooks. That was just dad! The other adults took lots of fish off hooks. A lot of people came over to my lucky spot and Mr. Fridge could barely sit down before another person caught a fish!











I think that we can all agree that Mr. Charlie caught the biggest fish!

A few of the other kids and I built a huge card city. I built the castle with a palace, barracks for the guards,


The Park’s outdoor game was a cool water gun fight. We split up into teams, and each person was handed a rank. The higher your rank was, the more points the other team got if you were hit. It was really fun when we played kids vs. parents. All the kids ran up to the balcony and fired on the adults. Mom grabbed a hose, but regretted her decision when we came down,, took the hose, and fired it on her! We have funny pictures of her getting sprayed!


Every family brought their Nerf guns to have a big fight in the 3rd floor (the bunk bed room.) Chad, Justin, Megan, Ben F., and I were on a team. We called ourselves the Nerfinaters. Dad and some of the other adults played too! I had a gun that could shoot up the 10 bullets at one time! We built forts with the pillows and blankets from the bunk beds. We had a couple Nerf wars while we were there. The whole trip was a lot of fun. Thanks to the Onsteads for letting us come!



I thought these pictures were cute

Look at that face!




Nice mustache!

5 comments:

Mallory said...

lots of fun. . .

great post!

Mason

Anne Marie said...

Ok here are comments for the last 3posts:

An Intresting Breakfast: WOW I wish that I cou;d eat that every day!

Tea & Talk Wow that must have been a LOT of fun, especially making Lasagnas's to give away to others :)

Memorial Day Weekend WOW OH WOW you posted a tOtAl of 33photos! That must have taken a while!! I love the picture of Mason's mustache & of the card city. I cna't wait to see you!!!

Mallory said...

I bet this post took a long time! I really like your new background! I love my precious!

Love, Guess??

JKCDJ Families said...

I love this, Mal!!! the pictures are really good!! what a memorable weekend...what a blessing to have these families in your lives....
I like the new background, too!

ps. how was the soccer game with dad?

love,
Cheri

JKCDJ Families said...

That's ALOT of fish!!! So glad you have this memory. Julie