Monday, May 18, 2009
Camping
Last weekend, Mom, Mason, and I went camping with my girls Bible study group. (Mason came because Dad is out of the country and Mason had to come. Mrs. Cobb brought Nathan along so Mason would have someone to play with.) We had a good time playing games, swimming in the lake, and eating s'mores. There were two things that I thought were really fun. Nathan, Mason, Emily, and I took boogie boards and swam out really far into the lake where it was deep. Then, we would push off the boogie board and swim feet down to the bottom. It was really creepy, but that was what made it fun! We kept going out farther and farther, until it was hard to touch the bottom. Another highlight was also with Mason, Nathan, and Emily. There were these HUGE black vultures eating something on the shore, but if you tried to get near them on land, they would fly away. So, we crept in the water towards them, until we were about 13 feet away from them. One flew right over our heads! It was really fun.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How fun, Mal! I know how much fun swimming in a lake can be.. see you - than 2 weeks!
PS: click "Anne Marie" on this comment to view my new blog!!!
Looks like a great time...especially going down deep with the board! Aunt Ju
Ooooohhh! I would hate to swim in the lake! I don't like going deep in lakes when I don't know what's in there!!! You are super brave!
What fun Mal!
I love you!
Jo
Post a Comment