Monday, January 4, 2010

Sorry its been so long since I've posted. We had an awesome Christmas. My favorite present was a Ruger 10 22 carbine rifle with a scope. We went to Dad's gun club on Christmas day to shoot my rifle and Dad's new subcompact gun. I really like the rifle!

We also had a great New Year. We played flag football and bocce with the Onsteads and the Fridges. The annual flag football game was parents vs. kids, and the game ended in a tie. Bocce was girls vs. boys, and the girls took 1st place. We went to a Mexican restaurant after the games.

We started school today. We really enjoyed our long Christmas break, so it was hard to get back into our school schedule. (I will really miss getting up with an 8 on the clock and staying bed for a while! We had some really weird meal schedules during Christmas break. We usually ate breakfast a little after 10 and had lunch after 2! We really only had 2 meals on Christmas day. We had breakfast around 8:45ish and finished our 2nd meal of the day at 5:00! We had some popcorn and snacks later when we watched a new Tim Hawkins comedy we got.) We are starting slower which will help get us back to our normal schedule. Mason did all of his math sets during Christmas break, but I didn't want to do any school during the break, so I only did 1/2 of a set. I was glad to only have 1/2 of a set today! We don't have any Schola classes this week, so Mason and I won;t have any Spanish and Mason won't have any science. We are really glad to be half way done with school.

(We did take some pictures, but they are all on Mason's computer, so I don't have any of them on my computer- except for the rifle picture.)

7 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

We started school today too! Looking forward to another visit with my cool niece!
aunt jo

JKCDJ Families said...

I'm so EXCITED that you got a gun!!! Love, Julie

JKCDJ Families said...

yes, back to school! We have to get back into the swing of things, too! Sorry it's been a while since I've visited your site...I like to see what's going on..
I love you, tweetster!

Aunt Cheri

Anne Marie said...

Hey mal I love your new blog look! uggg back to school. Yes I miss waking up at 8 too :) I've only shot a gun a few times but I'm sure it's fun :)

Anne Marie said...

What I mean is....its fun---but I dont remember HOW fun :)

Mallory said...

I am so very proud of how you have start back to school with such a great attitude! I can't wait ot read your research paper on the Constitutional Convention. I am sure that Glenn would be proud of you for studying the Founders!

I love my precious!

JKCDJ Families said...

Is your family a bunch of gun-totin' freaks or what? Your dad's a member of a gun club ... seriously? He must be one bad dude!

It was fun shooting with you. Can't wait to go again. Maybe we can setup on the 50 yrd range this time or the 75 or 100. You made the 25 yard range look too easy :-)

Big Daddy.