On Saturday night, we went to Sean Hannity's 1st freedom concert tour. Our friend won tickets on the radio but was not able to attend the concert, so he gave us the tickets. Lee Greenwood, Charlie Daniels, Michael W. Smith, and Billy Ray Cyrus performed. Michael Berry, a conservative talk show host from Houston, Col. Oliver North, Gov. Rick Perry, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, and, of course, Sean Hannity spoke. All of the net proceeds went to the Alliance Fund, which provides scholarships for children of fallen soldiers. We were there more for the patriotiness (not a word) of the evening than the concert. It was a really cool, patriotic evening. I even made 2 bucks off the night! A lady had a shirt on that had the Mc Donalds logo on it, but instead of saying "Mc. Donalds", it said "McLennin". Dad said that if I asked her what it meant, he would give me 2 dollars.
We had the lawn seats, so we brought blankets and cards.
Michael Berry started the evening and made some good jokes about liberals. Then, Hannity came out and talked a little. Lee Greenwood sang a few songs, including God Bless America and a song that Mason and I used to like when we were little. Charlie sang some songs and Sean Hannity even sang The Devil Went Down to Georgia! Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison spoke next. Then, Michael W. Smith sang a few songs. A little later, Billy Ray Cyrus sang a bunch of songs. After a little over an hour of him passed we were about ready to get home. After the hour-long drive home, it was about 11 when we got home. It was really fun!
P.S. Sorry I couldn't get the videos to load.
4 comments:
i wanted to go with you!
that was from jo
So cool!!!! I LOVE devil went down to georgia!!!!!!! I'm working on playing it on viol- sorry, fiddle. I'm sooooooo glad that I'm back!
Missed you a ton!
Megan
How fun! I know you must have enjoyed it!
TTYL
Post a Comment