Monday, June 21, 2010

Fort Worth Trip

We have been having a lot of fun in Fort Worth! Today we went swimming and played with water outside.
And now, I will tell you the story of Herb. Herbert Samantha Jones was born today at 2:31. He was about 2 1/2 inches long and probably weighed about an ounce. Herb was loved by all, and he was taken to the trampoline to be played with. During an accident involving too much jumping, Herb was thrown from the trampoline and supposed to be dead. I immediately went to find the remains of Herb. Everyone was very sad, and the loud cries of lament could be heard for miles.... well probably just those in the backyard. Then a shout from under the trampoline: "Herb is alive!" There was much rejoicing as Herb was brought back onto the trampoline where he was again played with. Then, tragedy struck. It involved a certain brother of mine purposely playing roughly with Herb. Herb was dead, and this time, there was no hope of his returning. All those who had known Herb were crushed by this incident. We buried Herb by the trampoline and contemplated the short life that he had lived. Herb was a water balloon.

7 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

Great story. Poor Herb!
Mom

JKCDJ Families said...

I had so much watching Herb's short, yet fun filled life!
Jo

JKCDJ Families said...

okay, that was the best narration! Made even better by the fact that I am using Ryan's notebook comuter (I think that's the name of it) and so I couldn't see the picture, or the last phrase until the very end...I was thinking of all the different kinds of reptiles/insects "Herb" could be...but alas, it was a balloon!
love ya! can't wait to see you!
Aunt Cheri

JKCDJ Families said...

oops- computer, not comuter...these keypads are harder to type on I think!
Cheri

Megan said...

Wow.... quite a story. I'm guessing Mason came up with the name?! Haha sounds like you're having fun!! See you soon!
Megan

JKCDJ Families said...

Poor little Herb!!!! Aunt Ju

JKCDJ Families said...

You are funny, girl!! I am so glad you enjoyed your time in Dallas, we can't wait to see you at LLC!!
-Aunt Deb